Saturday, May 5, 2012

Dollhouse Miniatures 1:12 Scale Strawberry Tart

From time to time, I like to treat myself to a favourite pastry or dessert. :) The other day, I passed by Delifrance and saw their freshly baked strawberry tart. It looked really yummy and I was so tempted. I knew I had to buy it. I actually had to hold back from eating it right away since I bought it to motivate myself to make the  dollhouse miniatures  version. :)

Normally it would have taken me a few days to get the dollhouse miniatures version done, but I had these slightly larger strawberries stashed somewhere, so I was able to get them done up pretty quickly - to my delight!



I ate the tart right away after photographing it the next day, and it tasted really good....
I like simple, wholesome strawberry tart. A crusty tart base filled with custard cream, with sliced strawberries on the top. A thick layer of nappage gives the fresh strawberries a shiny gloss surface. Nothing can be better than that.

Although the dollhouse miniature ones that I made were a little different from the one I bought, I like how the peanuts at the side added a special touch to them.

For now, they will be placed in Ruki's Bakery which I'm working hard on whenever I can.

If you like some delicious strawberry tarts for your dollhouse bakery, please contact me using the comments box :) I just might whip up a few sometime and list them in my shop soon too.


9 comments:

  1. impresionante, mmmm para comérselo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tarts came out perfect! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tus mini tartas son magníficas!
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  4. todas tus comidas son INCREIBLES!!!!! BRAVO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my sweet pei li, these tarts are yummiiieee! So real! Have a lovely merry happy sunday and love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tarts are wonderful- the strawberry glaze is mouth watering! Mmmmm....

    Cheers!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tarts are perfect! Can I get one? I love strawberries.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, special version of Strawberry Tarts with peanuts, looks so yummy!! Thanks for sharing PeiLi, I will go and get some from Delifrance this weekend too. For Mother's Day yummy yummy :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)