Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dollhouse Miniature Accessories - Glass Bottle

My love for the blue mason jars in real life gave me this inspiration to transform these dollhouse miniature accessories - 1/12 scale glass bottle. That beautiful shade of turquoise is irresistible. It's a colour that makes me happy, besides pink :) With the lack of readily made dollhouse miniature accessories in that delicate soft shade of turquoise drove me to make some my own.

White and turquoise is all I need.

Simple things like this makes my day.

It's quite strange, but sometimes miniature making lead me to deeper understanding to life and things. One of the things that I learnt from this experiment was, there was definitely more than one way to do this. I like to use whatever resources that I have around me.

Some people have used the food colouring method to colour their glasswares. Some people use the thinner, glass paints and baking method to achieve theirs. With no food colorings and oven in my home (I don't bake), I had to find my own way. It is definitely possible, and here's my results. I love it when I find more than one way to making things.

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I'm just amazed at these tiny intricate things. Isn't it a great feeling when you find your own way of doing something. So satisfying. I just started following your blog and I'm fascinated :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantástico ese vidrio turquesa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome!! can't imagine how you did that! still wondering:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy moly! those are gorgeous! yes i do so love DIY too, and you know in SG it's not always easy to get the materials in some of the tutorials....your results are wonderful ^ ^ Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest sweet pei li, you are so inspiring and talented sweet friend! I tooo love those blue mason jars and i love how your turn this inspiration to your miniature accessories! These adorable glass bottles are just so precious and beautiful! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. look pretty! i love your work. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)